Prepare for sleuthful suspense at its very best! This anthology of tantalizing tales includes thirteen of literature's finest crime stories. Enjoy the genre's most glittering jewels, including the first detective story ever written, Edgar Allan Poe's "Murders in the Rue Morgue," and G. K. Chesterton's "The Blue Cross," the mystery that introduced the world-famous Father Brown. This collection also boasts such crime classics as:
• "A Scandal in Bohemia" (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
• "The Gutting of Couffignal" (Dashiell Hammett)
• "I'll Be Waiting" (Raymond Chandler)
• "The Problem of Cell 13" (Jacques Futrelle)
• "By the Dawn's Early Light" (Lawrence Block)
and six more thrill-filled masterpieces.
A short-story collection of unforgettable plots, murder methods, clues, and characters, Classic Crime Stories
will satisfy readers' appetites for the expertly crafted whodunit!
|Availability||Usually ships in 24 to 48 hours|
|Dimensions||5 3/8 x 8 1/2|